- web site: https://www.debutart.com/artist/max-loeffler
- contact: Début Art
- phone: +44 (0) 20 7636 1064
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Max was born in rural Germany in 1989 and started out illustrating extensive album artworks for punk and metal bands after doing his homework. After graduating from the Graphic Design department at Hochschule Darmstadt in 2017, he began working as a freelancer with renowned clients like The New Yorker, The New York Times, Adidas and Google. He still enjoys creating artwork for bands.
Influenced by the classic surrealists as well as retro science-fiction book covers, he likes to look below the surface of one-to-one visual translations, adding meaning and room for inference by wrapping his illustrations in the dense atmosphere of a surreal and melancholic parallel universe. His urge is to translate and decipher what can only be felt, not directly seen, and to amplify this visually, particularly in his personal work.
Max has worked with clients such as: The New Yorker , The New York Times , Google, GLOBE Brand, Future Islands, Bloomberg Businessweek, Folio Society, Atreyu, GQ Magazine, WirtschaftsWoche, DIE ZEIT, Adidas, Bandcamp, Medium, Cicero, The Economist, Variety, Wall Street Journal, The Hollywood Reporter, and The Shrine.
2019: 3x3 AWARD SHOW Merit
2019: WORLD ILLUSTRATION AWARDS 2x Shortlist
2019: AMERICAN ILLUSTRATION 38 Winner
2019: SOCIETY OF ILLUSTRATORS “Illustrators 61” Exhibit & book
2018: JOSEPH BINDER AWARD Distinction
2018: GERMAN DESIGN AWARD Newcomer Nominee
2018: FOLIO SOCIETY BOOK COMPETITION Winner
2017: 3x3 STUDENT SHOW Gold
2016: JOSEPH BINDER AWARD Distinction
2016: ADC GERMANY Silver
Lürzer’s 200 Best Illustrators 2018/2019
- Submitted by: debutart
- Hits: 572
- Added: Sep. 30, 2019
- Last Modified: Jan. 04, 2022