Van Den Hoek, Judith
- web site: http://www.illustrationweb.us/artists/JudithVanDenHoek/
- contact: Stacey Endress
- phone: 646-808-0205, 888-645-5878
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judith van den Hoek absolutely loves watching documentaries about Karl Lagerfeld, Valentino and Isabel Marant. They’re a great source of inspiration for this fashion illustrator who uses simple yet expressive line work to capture each garment or collection she draws.
Based in Gouda, in the Netherlands, Judith is also inspired by magazines, blogs and books. She does editorial commissions as well as working for fashion labels, and private collectors. Beyond her passion for drawing, she loves the outdoors and cycling, and says that if she weren’t an illustrator she’d probably like to work in a zoo.
Judith studied at the Grafisch Lyceum in Rotterdam, and then chose to specialise in fashion illustration. So she took a one-year course on this subject in Amsterdam before becoming a fulltime illustrator.
Photoshop is core to Judith’s approach and she uses it for every image she creates. Sometimes she’ll do some sketching by hand at the beginning of a project, but she feels that Photoshop really unleashes her ability to give the illustrations a fresh and clean look.
Minimalism and simplicity are what make Judith van den Hoek’s fashion illustrations stand out. One or two simple yet perfectly drawn lines help her to convey beauty, sensuality and creativity in a very direct way. From there she adds just the right amount of colour and detail to make the image feel fresh and exciting, bringing to it a personal touch.
- Submitted by: KarenKaller
- Hits: 102
- Added: Mar. 16, 2017
- Last Modified: Mar. 21, 2017