Mahoney, David updated
- web site: http://www.debutart.com/artist/david-mahoney
- contact: Début Art
- phone: +44 (0) 20 7636 1064
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Mahoney is a British freelance illustrator based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Since 2010 David has worked with a wide range of Fortune 500 companies and now works under the alias 'Headless Horse'.
His latest client list includes: The Guardian, 20th Century Fox, OPI, Kiehl’s, GQ, Fortune, Maxim, Easyjet, Tesco, Men’s Health, The Economist, NBA, MLB, Institutional Investor, Disney Pixar and Adobe.
David believes keeping tradition alive is important in an increasingly digital age. He specialises in the merging of traditional mediums and digital applications resulted in his signature style coined "tradigital". This method of creating his illustration allows his work to be animated, a style often used in digital editorial magazines.
In 2014, David opened his first solo exhibition at the Coningsby Gallery, London titled ‘Black + White’: a series of animated portraits of twenty leading individuals created in squid ink and watercolour.
In 2013, David was awarded the 99U Scholarship by the Samsung Accelerator and 99U for his illustrative work. David has had his work displayed in numerous publications and has spoken at events in both the USA and UK. David is a Community Professional for Adobe.
At the present, the artist is currently exhibiting his work in LA and New York with the Hero Complex Gallery for his client 20th Century Fox, celebrating the latest American Horror Story and Disney Pixar’s Toy Story.
- Submitted by: debutart
- Hits: 291
- Added: Jun. 20, 2016
- Last Modified: Jan. 29, 2018