- web site: http://www.illustrationweb.com
- contact: Stacey Endress
- phone: 646-808-0205
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Decue Wu has clients in editorial, fashion and publishing who all love her illustration work for its bold style, bright colors, optimistic vibe and the intriguing way she combines patterns and textures. She gives every project a classic illustration feel, with the hand of the artist always present.
Based in Boston, Decue is originally from China and works for clients all round the world. Fashion is one of her biggest inspirations and her favorite designers include Yves St Laurent, Helmut Lang, Hussein Chalayan, Alexander McQueen and Rei Kawakubo. “To me, their designs are fine art and bring fashion to a whole new level in the history of art,” she says. She has an MFA in Illustration Practice from the Maryland Institute College of Art, and previously studied Digital Media Art at Zhejiang University in China.
Most of Decue’s work is done using Photoshop and Illustrator, but she also combines hand-made textures, screenprinting and collage work to give her illustrations something extra.
Decue’s fashion images often feature long, thin figures in a freehand style and vibrant colors. Her lifestyle illustrations usually have a more restrained palette, geometric shapes and patterns, and interesting brush and paper textures. She also creates graphic art and infographics, going for a cleaner look, using simple vector shapes and geometric forms.
2014 Hiii Illustration Merit 2014 Taipei Art Competition Winner
Some of Decue’s clients include Vogue, Airbnb, Esquire, MIT, Modern Weekly China, Obscura Magazine, The Bump, Draw A Dot and Hopes and Fears.
- Submitted by: KarenKaller
- Hits: 168
- Added: Apr. 01, 2020
- Last Modified: Apr. 03, 2020