- web site: http://www.illustrationweb.com
- contact: Stacey Endress
- phone: 646-808-0205
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob Venables is the go-to illustrator for any project that requires illustrations executed in a classic style. Matisse, Hogarth, Wyeth, Rackham, Lowbrow… whatever look you’re after, Bob will deliver. He’s a pastiche illustrator par excellence.
Bob has worked on many high profile advertising campaigns, including the Profit Hunter ads for Artemis, which have run for over a decade. His versatility, eye for detail, and ability to evoke the past while conveying contemporary themes to contemporary audiences are what keep clients coming back again and again. Originally from Birmingham, Bob worked in London and established himself on the advertising scene before moving to the Isle of Wight, where life is a little more relaxed. He studied Graphic Design at Central Saint Martins gaining a BA, and did archaeological illustration for a year before becoming a freelancer.
Bob works in a whole range of media, depending on what’s required by the commission. On the traditional side he uses oil, acrylic, alkyd, watercolor, and pen and ink, but he’s also happy working digitally on his Wacom Cintiq.
Primarily a pastiche illustrator, Bob is adept at recreating just about any look – from 1930s propaganda-style posters to old maps, and from neoclassical still lifes to jolly 19th century book illustrations.
Bob works for a range of top-flight clients including Guinness, British Airways, Artemis Asset Management, the BBC, Adidas, Sony, Heinz, Tesco, Waitrose, John Smiths, FIFA, VW, BMW and the Folio Society.
- Submitted by: KarenKaller
- Hits: 551
- Added: Apr. 01, 2020
- Last Modified: Apr. 03, 2020