- web site: https://www.illustrationweb.us/artists/Maguma/view
- contact: Stacey Endress
- phone: 646-808-0205 or 888-645-5878
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MaGUMa is the pseudonym for Spanish artist Marcos Guardiola Martín, who is based in Madrid and works for a growing number of publications and international brands.
Inspired by artists like Moebius and Milano Manara, as well as old adult comics like Metal Hurlant and El Vivora, MaGUMa has developed a style that’s bright, tactile and a little surreal.
MaGUMa studied at the School of Architecture in Madrid, but also took the opportunity to learn abroad in Mexico and Portugal during his education.
Although he works digitally, using a Wacom Cintiq graphics tablet and digital painting software, MaGUMa’s work has an increasingly handmade feel.
MaGUMa’s style will remind you of classic mid-20th century illustration work done in pastel or gouache, and sometimes it looks like a silkscreen print saturated with ink. He strives to give the work a tactile quality, inviting the viewer to try and touch it to feel the texture. Strong concepts and colours are also prevalent in his pictures.
- Submitted by: KarenKaller
- Hits: 114
- Added: Apr. 09, 2018
- Last Modified: Apr. 26, 2018