- web site: http://www.illustrationweb.com
- contact: Stacey Endress
- phone: 646-808-0205
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Itís a love of drawing that drives Adam Larkum, and itís something he practices every day, constantly coming up with quirky new characters and putting them in hair-raising situations. And if you chat with Adam for a while he has a few real life hair-raising situations to recount. While he was a teenager, his family lived in Alexandria, Virginia for a while where Adam became the projectionist in the townís cinema. When the bulb blew during the scariest part of Friday The 13th the crowd poured out of the cinema like a lynch mobÖ
This didnít deter Adam from studying animation once he got back to the UK, and as a student he won a competition to create a short film for MOMI and Channel 4. Once his career producing animated commercials was under way, he became an illustrator as well. Heís now created over 30 childrenís books, and illustrates for magazines and packaging.
Adam studied illustration and animation, and received a BA followed by an MA from the Edinburgh College of Art.
Adam believes every commission should start with a pencil in one hand and an eraser in the other, and is never afraid to erase whole areas of a drawing if they arenít right. He loves working in ink on paper and then shifting into Photoshop to bring the piece together. If his work were a film, he says, it would be an Ealing Comedy Ė fun, fast and eccentric.
Faber and Faber
Cambridge University press
Oxford University press
The V&A Museum
- Submitted by: KarenKaller
- Hits: 751
- Added: Apr. 09, 2018
- Last Modified: Apr. 26, 2018