- web site: http://www.illustrationweb.us/artists/KellySmith/
- contact: Stacey Endress
- phone: 646-808-0205, 888-645-5878
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly Smith is an Australian Illustrator, working predominantly in fashion and beauty.
With a Bachelor of Fine Art from the Tasmanian School of Art, Kelly majored in photography and graphic design, but reverted back to her love of drawing after graduating. She ran a blog and launched her career after being interviewed in Vogue about an exhibition she was mounting.
Kelly’s approach is mainly traditional, with 90 per cent of the work completed using a graphite pencil. She then scans the drawing in, adding colour and tweaking the image using Photoshop. Her compositions vary – usually it’s a case of highlighting one focal area that’s full of beauty, but in other cases she builds up a scene to surround it.
Her images are intricate, finely detailed pencil illustrations, incorporating pops of digital colour. They are soft and feminine in tone and content.
- Submitted by: KarenKaller
- Hits: 225
- Added: Mar. 16, 2017
- Last Modified: Mar. 21, 2017