- web site: http://www.lindgrensmith.com/susan-leopold
- contact: Pat Lindgren/Piper Smith
- phone: 212-397-7330, 415-788-8552
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Leopold is an internationally known illustrator Susan Leopold is an award winning mixed media illustrator born in the Motor City and now living in the Big Smoke (what Canadians call Toronto). Leopold has won numerous gold, silver and bronze awards from groups such as Dimensional Illustrators, Society of Illustrators New York, Society of Illustrators Los Angeles, Communication Arts, Society of Publication Designers, Print and Art Direction.
Leopold received a BFA in Fine Art from the University of Michigan and an MA in Medical Illustration from University of California. Her work has been shown in the USA Canada and Europe and has been displayed at the Museum of American Illustration, The Art Directors Club, Salmagundi Club and *new gallery. Most recently she was invited to exhibit at the William F. Eisner Museum of Advertising and Design in “Right Here in the USA” which the Eisner described as “showcasing work from 24 of the most influential photographers and illustrators in advertising today.”
Leopold has been featured in publications nationally and internationally including a new book called The Art of Feminine Drawing which showcases contemporary illustrators from around the world and I remember Mama, a book based on a two part juried exhibit at the International Quilt Show that traveled internationally.
Her work is currently featured in the winter issue of Cloth,Paper, Scissors a magazine about contemporary collage and next fall will be featured in a six page spread in Somerset Magazine. She has been on the cover and featured in publications such as Step by Step, Applied Arts, Fiberarts and Legacy.
She is currently a course supervisor at Sheridan College and a guest lecturer at several other colleges. She will be heading up the art program at Voice Intermediate School in the historic Distillery (an old factory site) where she also maintains her studio/gallery space and the Channel Gallery.
- Submitted by: Pat
- Hits: 188
- Added: Dec. 19, 2011
- Last Modified: Apr. 19, 2013