- web site: http://www.illustrationweb.com
- contact: Stacey Endress
- phone: 646-808-0205
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using a dynamic combination of color and the ‘inspired mark’, Katharine Asher’s fluid brushwork and creative flare help secure commissions from clients around the globe, in a wide range of sectors. While she specializes in fashion and beauty, Katherine enjoys tackling a wide variety of briefs, applying her expertise, energy and elegance of line.
As well as her illustration work, Kathy creates conceptual art, exploring process works and installations. Pigment, viscosity and movement are key factors in her art, and occasionally glimmers of her personal work transfer into her illustrations. She has studied graphics, illustration and fine art, and some of her influences include Paul Jenkins, Keith Tyson, Cornelia Parker, Anish Kapoor, René Gruau and Kathe Kollwitz.
Kathy has a spontaneous and playful approach to a brief, choosing the medium that best suits the job in hand. “One of the joys of working in this way is focusing in the moment, using a triptych of experience, knowledge and happenstance,” she says.
Kathy’s work is often light and minimal, relying on strong lines, deftly applied and mark-making techniques. She uses watercolor and ink, using color to highlight and accentuate her figurative work rather than to dazzle.
Some of Katharine’s clients include Swarvoski, Bulgari, Louis Vuitton, Harrods, Calvin Klein, GQ, Ministry of Sound, Royal Mail, Marks & Spencer, Max Factor and Cartier.
- Submitted by: KarenKaller
- Hits: 533
- Added: Mar. 31, 2020
- Last Modified: Apr. 01, 2020