- web site: http://www.illustrationweb.com
- contact: Stacey Endress
- phone: 646-808-0205
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Butcher Billy is a Brazilian illustrator with a fresh approach, who loves to slice up ideas and imagery in popular culture and reassemble them in unique ways. Juxtaposing everything from Wonder Woman and the Watchmen to Morrissey and Breaking Bad, his work is ironic, humorous and very postmodern. His subtle questioning of pop culture using pop art as his medium is a juxtaposition in itself, yet in their own unique way all his images seem to make sense.
In addition to his illustration work, Billy is a creative director in a digital agency. He lived in the UK for a while, and has travelled widely. With seemingly endless influences at his disposal – including Banksy, Steve Ditko, Shigeru Miyamoto, Malcolm McLaren and Andy Warhol - Butcher Billy never runs out of moods and concepts to explore.
“I like to create freely and then realise bits of an artwork are influenced by the mood of a movie by Tim Burton, the brushstrokes of a piece by Salvador Dali, with a soundtrack from an early album by David Bowie,” he says.
- Submitted by: KarenKaller
- Hits: 362
- Added: Jan. 21, 2019
- Last Modified: Jun. 17, 2019