- web site: https://www.illustrationx.com/us/artists/AndrewHutchinson
- contact: Stacey Endress
- phone: 646-808-0205, 888-645-5878
- email: email@example.com
- Fur, feathers and fins – they all come out perfectly when painted by British nature artist Andrew Hutchinson. Living on the North York Moors, Andrew is a part-time ranger with the Forestry Commission and monitors the activity of adders and certain bird species in his area to help conserve them, which makes him the perfect choice for any project built around a passion for wildlife.
Being out and about and experiencing nature is a crucial source of inspiration for Andrew, constantly informing his illustrations of the natural world. Andrew has an NDD in illustration from the Cleveland College of Art and Design. In addition to observing the cycles of Mother Nature, he enjoys looking at Jurassic fossils and Oriental antiques. Influences include Alan Hunt, Terence Lambert, Robert Bateman and Ray Harris-Ching.
Andrew paints with acrylic on board. Many of his pictures are inspired by the variety and complexity of forms, textures and colors offered by the natural world.
Painting an enhanced form of realism, Andrew aims to achieve an accurate, realistic representation but with a little added something that only a painting can give.
2018 – Royal Society of Miniature Painters, Sculptors and Engravers Awards – Honorable Mention
Andrew has many clients, who include Yorkshire Tea, Land Rover, The Automobile Association, Reader’s Digest, Barclays, Dorling Kindersley, Bacardi, Sainsbury’s, New York Botanical Gardens and Time Warner.
- Submitted by: KarenKaller
- Hits: 841
- Added: Jan. 21, 2019
- Last Modified: Apr. 01, 2020