- web site: http://www.illustrationweb.us/artists/MarkWatkinson/
- contact: Stacey Endress
- phone: 646-808-0205, 888-645-5878
- email: email@example.com
- Born in Gloucestershire and growing up in Lincolnshire, Mark originally wanted to be a mechanic. However, one of his teachers suggested he pursue a career in art and he’s been a successful freelance illustrator since the early 80s. He plays percussion in a band called the B1200s, collects old cars and enjoys a game of tennis. His early influences include Gavin McLeod and Philip Castle.
Mark earned a diploma and then a higher diploma in Graphic Design from the Lincoln College of Art.
Keep it clean, clear and simple is Mark’s mantra. He works in Freehand, Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as using traditional media.
Mark’s style is very graphic with strong line work, and usually employs flat colours. His work is ideal for ‘how to’ images and infographics, with isometric viewpoints and, sometimes, a blueprint feel. He enjoys tackling technical challenges, but also produces more playful and conceptual work.
- Submitted by: KarenKaller
- Hits: 828
- Added: Mar. 16, 2017
- Last Modified: Mar. 21, 2017