- web site: http://www.lindgrensmith.com/miles-hyman
- contact: Pat Lindgren/Piper Smith
- phone: 212-397-7330, 415-788-8552
- email: email@example.com
- Artist, author and illustrator, Miles Hyman's creates images for advertising, packaging, books, magazines, galleries and museums throughout Europe and the United States.
A native Vermonter, he studied literature and fine art at the Buxton School, then at Wesleyan University. He moved to Paris in 1985 and studied drawing at the Paris Ecole des Beaux-Arts.
His first illustrated books and graphic novels began appearing in 1987 with French publisher Futuropolis. His work has since been appeared, on both sides of the Atlantic with Libération, Le Monde, Télérama, XXI, Muze, Marianne, Gallimard, Baleine, Actes Sud, Denoël, Casterman, FSG, Knopf, Viking, Chronicle Books, the New York Times, The Boston Globe and The New Yorker Magazine to name a few.
His work is exhibited regularly in European and North American galleries, including solo and group shows in Paris, Geneva, Brussels, Barcelona, Beverly Hills and New York City. Most recent exhibits include major shows in Paris at the Galerie Barbier & Mathon, in Brussels at the Galerie Champaka.
- Submitted by: Pat
- Hits: 132
- Added: Dec. 19, 2011
- Last Modified: Apr. 19, 2013