- web site: http://www.debutart.com/illustration/joe-wilson
- contact: Début Art
- phone: +44 (0) 20 7636 1064
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leicester-born Joe Wilson studied at Leeds Metropolitan University, Graduating with a bachelor of arts degree in Graphic Arts and Design in 2007. After a lifetime of drawing and doodling Joe Wilson became serious about being an artist at an early age and has left himself 'no other option'. Joe Wilson took an interest in printmaking at university and studied this heavily in his final year, with a great deal of his work taking the form of screen prints
and etchings. This forms the foundation of Joe Wilson's work today, although since finishing university and leaving the print facilities, other ways of creating similar effects have had to be employed. Joe Wilson's work consists of painstakingly detailed, hand-drawn illustrations, usually in fine-line pen or pencil, that are then scanned and edited on the mac.
Joe Wilson takes his influence from an array of sources including old engravings, 70s Vinyl covers and surrealist art. Joe Wilson is particularly interested in ideas of evolution, space, and complex constructions.
Joe Wilson's unique drawing style attracts a mixture of different clients from editorial to fashion, he has produced work for clients such as: The Guardian, Adidas, 21st Amendment, Mojo magazine, Prospect Magazine, RKCR/Y&R, The Yards, Peter Werth, The Big Chill Festival, and Topshop.
With aspirations to establish himself firmly as an illustrator, he hopes to work on many more commercial projects whilst continuing to produce his personal 'thought experiments' for his own pleasure.
- Submitted by: debutart
- Hits: 319
- Added: Nov. 18, 2011
- Last Modified: Jan. 21, 2013
- Latest News and Tweets :