- web site: http://www.illustrationweb.com
- contact: Stacey Endress
- phone: 646-808-0205
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jack Richardson is an English illustrator in New York, with a clean and fresh comic book style that often features a touch of the unusual.
Originally from the South East of England, Jack is now based in Brooklyn where he does what he loves most – drawing.
Some of Jack’s main influences include the classic comic artists Alex Toth, Jean Giraud (Mœbius) and Hergé, as well as the painter Daniel Heidkamp and the photographer Robert Adams.
Jack took a foundation course at Hastings College in the UK, but beyond that his skills are self-taught. “My father is a professional illustrator, so as well as learning from him I got to see what is required beyond good ideas and draughtsmanship,” says Jack.
With his strong, expressive lines and flat colours, Jack’s style is rooted in the world of hero comics. He strives to bring a narrative to each individual image, and there is often an added layer of meaning, a hint of humour or something slightly unusual in his work.
La Mer cosmetics
Cosmic Strip (the band)
- Submitted by: KarenKaller
- Hits: 251
- Added: Apr. 09, 2018
- Last Modified: Apr. 24, 2018