Gibbon, Rebecca updated
- web site: http://www.illustrationweb.us/artists/RebeccaGibbon/
- contact: Illustration USA Inc.
- phone: 212-989-8770
- email: email@example.com
- Illustrator, Rebecca Gibbon was born in Wales in 1968. The youngest of four children she was fed on a diet of picture books by Edward Ardizzone, Roger Duvoisin & Richard Scarry; she dreamed of being an illustrator. Her favorite book was "Frances Face-Maker" by Tome Ungerer.
Her ambition was realized after gaining a first class Honors degree from John Moors University and consequently a Masters at Royal College of Art, London. While at the RCA she was spotted at a children’s book expo in Paris by a French Agent. Since graduating she has worked all over the globe and is represented in New York by Riley Illustration
Rebecca paints in watercolor ink & cultured pencil, and bases her characters on the people she has met and seen over the years. She used to paint on newsprint until one day she looked back at some old work and it had all faded. Lesson learned she now works on acid free cartridge paper.
She lives with her husband and two boys in what was once the Old Village Stores surrounded by their eclectic collections of vintage children’s books, balloon pumps & 1950's ceramics. She loves junk shops, flea markets, drinking tea & of course drawing.
Clients include Citibank, Barnes & Noble, British Telecom, Whittards, Hank Fisher Properties, Kleenex, IBM, The Post Office, Rail Track, Chicago Zoo, The New Yorker, LA times, Washington Post, Vogue, RadioTimes, Wall Street Journal, Paperchase, Country Living, Scholastic, Galison Publishing N.Y, New Crane Publishing, Harper Collins, Hallmark, Bodley Head, Fourth Estate, Chronicle Books, Hallmark, Nickelodeon, Gaz de France.
- Submitted by: karenkaller
- Hits: 767
- Added: Jul. 13, 2015
- Last Modified: Jan. 13, 2020